Learn how to best apply anti-wrinkles skincare products such day cream, night cream and serum, to maximize the efficacy of their active ingredients.
By taking just a few minutes to apply your skincare products using a self-massage technique, you'll ensure that the product is fully absorbed by the skin: preventing and treating the signs of aging, notably fine lines and wrinkles.
The best way to apply anti-wrinkle day and night cream
When applying your day and night creams, you can also benefit from a self-massage to further prevent and treat fine lines and wrinkles.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of cream to your cheeks, forehead and neck zones. Turn to your profile in front of the mirror and smooth one hand after the other, starting from face’s centre, towards the exterior.
- Ensure the motions are smooth yet firm, following upward-curving lines, and repeat 6 times per zone: from the chin to jaw-line, corner of the mouth towards the ears, upper lip to upper ears, cheekbones to temples and eyebrows to hair line. Don't forget the neck and décolletage areas, smoothing alternatively from under the chin down to the bust.
This technique not only ensures complete penetration of the cream, but also provides a tightening and stimulating massage for the skin.
The best way to optimize your anti-wrinkle serum
The Vichy Serum Supreme 10 has been specifically formulated to target the signs of aging, such as wrinkles, dry skin and sensitive skin. The serum can act as a complement to your regular skincare routine and, because of its high concentration of active ingredients, your skin only requires a few drops every morning and evening.
#1 For a fast and simple morning application
- Apply 2 drops on the palm of one hand or directly onto your cheeks.
- Ensure complete absorption by smoothing the serum into your skin using smoothing motions upwards and outwards. Start at the cheek, chin and temple zones, then move to the forehead area, and finish on the neck.
#2 Take more time in the evening
- Activate the skin’s micro-circulation by lightly tapping the serum into your skin with your fingertips in long, horizontal directions.
- Follow the same order of facial zones as above, and finish with the same smoothing motions, one hand after the other, with the flat part of your fingers.